- 1 Addition of hewiki to Commons:Auto-protected files
- 2 OCR buttons
- 3 File:PetyaA.jpg
- 4 File:The Devil bargains with God over Job's faith in Duomo (San Gimignano).jpg
- 5 Urgent request
- 6 User talk:Polarlys/Archiv1
- 7 Help
- 8 Auto-protection of File:Kingdom of Hungary against Moldovans flag in battle.jpg
- 9 Template:Beta
- 10 TemplateParam.php for commonswiki
- 11 Krinkle bot errors?
Addition of hewiki to Commons:Auto-protected files
After consulting with the rest of the community here on hewiki, we'd like to add /wikipedia/he/ to your automatic protection bot.
We promise to be good hosts and hopefully cause no problems.
Hoping to receive your blessings,
Bharel (talk) 20:50, 2 January 2017 (UTC)
p.s. I like your name. Krinkle. It's catchy.
- @Bharel: Okay! I've added it (code change, gallery). Is there a "tomorrow" page as well? Adding the "tomorrow" page means images are protected ahead of time. That way image are safe even if the bot is delayed after midnight. --Krinkle 05:49, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
I'm trying to integrate OCR-buttons into the Proofread extension on frrwiki. Meanwhile I imported the necessary OCR.js, Gadget-OCR.js and Gadget-PR-ocr.js from dewiki, but it doesn't work yet. The problem might be, that on frrwiki there is no separate Wikisource project, but frr-Wikisource runs within frr-Wikipedia in special namespaces. And Common.js might have to be prepared for that gadget. I'd be glad, if you could find the time to get this running. Thanks in advance!
--Murma174 (talk) 10:01, 25 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Murma174: Hi. Sorry, but I'm not familiar enough with the Wikisource OCR gadget to know why it doesn't work. It seems the original author (s:de:User:Xarax) has been inactive since 2009. Are you certain that it works on dewiki? Perhaps ask around the discussion board at s:de:Wikisource:Skriptorium? –Krinkle 22:13, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Krassotkin, this file was never protected!? -- User: Perhelion 12:58, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- @User: Perhelion: Now it's not. This was cross-protected from here. Thank you! --sasha (krassotkin) 14:30, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
- Done --Doalex 09:30, 10 August 2017
Hello, You removed jquery.mwExtension module in 3863dd231f2f. It breaks a number of widely used scipts such as COM:VFC and by default enabled scripts such as global replace (See Commons:AN#Commons_delinker_not_working). The aforementioned scripts are used hundred of times daily. See also Commons:Village_pump#FulfillEditRequest.js_doesn.27t_work. Anything you can do to fix it? :) Thanks in advice. --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:08, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
- I crated phab:T174164 for tracking. Best :) --Steinsplitter (talk) 13:24, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
When you edited User talk:Polarlys/Archiv1 to fix the self-closing span tags, you didn't actually remove the self closing bit. The "/>" shuold be ">". Just wondering if you could fix it? -- WOSlinker (talk) 08:47, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- Done . --Krinkle 18:31, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
Dag Krinkle, I just noticed you on the scn.wiki and I'm hoping you might be able to help. I was one of the co-founders of scn.wiki and the first sysop, but then took an extended break from wiki (stretching years), but I have now returned to scn.wiki. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of activity on scn.wiki, and I'm the only one keeping watch over it. I'm wondering, if I can't get admin rights through scn.wiki, whether anyone else might be able to help me. bedankt, Pippu d'Angelo (talk) 03:59, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Auto-protection of File:Kingdom of Hungary against Moldovans flag in battle.jpg
I am trying to edit File:Kingdom of Hungary against Moldovans flag in battle.jpg to add more information, but for some reason the KrinkleBot has marked it for auto-protection.
Can you please help?
Hello Krinkle, I'm wondering about this template name. Is it still needed or can we replace the 32 inclusions? -- User: Perhelion 16:53, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Perhelion: I think the template should be kept because Beta Wikiversity still exists and users can still transfer new files. So unless the "CommonsHelper" tool has been improved to map "beta" to "en", we need to keep the alias on our side. --Krinkle 19:11, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
TemplateParam.php for commonswiki
Re: "it seems to not work for Template:Talkarchive"
- The program only scans for template usage in Article (Main) namespace and File namespace. --Bamyers99 (talk) 15:36, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
Krinkle bot errors?
Greetings, Krinkle. It seems that over the last couple of days, your bot has not performed its usual function of adding cascade-protected files to Commons:Auto-protected files/wikipedia/en. I'd appreciate your help in sorting it out; the automatic protection of main-page images is invaluable to the en.wiki main page. The files in question are this one, which was transcluded here, and this one, transcluded here. Also pinging @Legoktm, Steinsplitter:. Regards, Vanamonde93 (talk) 11:39, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed. Grid engine job was stucking. --Steinsplitter (talk) 12:15, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Steinsplitter: Thanks! May I ask, how did you know? And how did you resolve it? ----Krinkle 19:08, 9 June 2018 (UTC)