If you post here, I will reply here.
Image of Ball Head
Hi -- I'd like to use this image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Manfrotto_488_RC4.jpg in my online book about digital bird photography, which you can preview at: http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com . The book is freely available to read online, but isn't licensed under gnu or CC. I'd gladly attribute you and link back to your original file on wikipedia/wikimedia, or any other page you'd like me to link to. Thanks.
- Go for it. I've seen my photographs used elsewhere (online forums and blogs). It does not bother me the least. Honestly any photographs I upload to wikipedia are free for all (I should really re-license them, too lazy :D). Photographs I do care about are on my flickr, most of those are copyright! If you really want to attribute me, go for it, but I really would not care either way. Only reason I could think to do so, is if somebody sees you using it, and makes a fuss about it (being a 'busy-buddy'). Thanks for asking though! Nebrot (talk) 16:28, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Image:Corvus brachyrhynchos 3.jpg
Hi, RE: your Am. Crow photo - is this 100% certainly American and not Northwestern? Because if the ID is certain that shoud be remarked - it's not like anyone could really tell from the images alone ;-) Dysmorodrepanis 00:02, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, seems that I was wrong about that, it is a northwestern. I listened to recordings of there 'caws', and it is most definitely a NW crow. There are Americans in Vancouver, I hear them all the time, but this crow sounded just like the audio recording of the NW crow. I re-uploaded photo, with correct name, Image:Corvus caurinus.jpg. Thanks for the help. Nebrot 02:19, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Even you published wich lens you used I would like to know which lenses are photographed on Canon EF lens mount.jpg and Canon EF telephoto lens mount.jpg.
thx for information --D-Kuru (talk) 15:07, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 21:21, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Nebrot Canon EOS 30D 300mm.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Canon EOS XT 17-40mm.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Canon 30D SIGMA 50mm f14.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:RBC Visa UV.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Camera 30D.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Camera 30D 50mm.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Canon HF10.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Nebrot Canon EOS XT 70-200mm.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Re: Is this image not copyright?
Yes, I think you're right. When I uploaded it, I thought anything I found on the NASA website was free, and then I mostly forgot about. I guess I should take it to FFD. --The High Fin Sperm Whale 16:46, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- P.S. Nice to see you live in Vancouver (I'm from Langley) but you really need to switch to Nikon.
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.