More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Tomato Farmers.jpg was uncategorized on 18 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:18, 19 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Liverpool Science Park 1.jpg was uncategorized on 4 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:30, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Speke Hall Gardens and Moat.jpg was uncategorized on 5 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:29, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Maghull Station Liverpool platform towards Liverpool 6.jpg was uncategorized on 6 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:29, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Maghull Station Liverpool platform towards Ormskirk.jpg was uncategorized on 6 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:29, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:St James's Gardens 12.JPG was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:41, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 22:06, 11 November 2012 (UTC)