Archived messages: 1
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Californian Golden Poppy Flower.jpg was uncategorized on 14 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Downtown LA skyscrapers along the Interstate 110.jpg was uncategorized on 14 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Flowers on a tabletop.jpg was uncategorized on 14 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Two flowers in a garden.jpg was uncategorized on 14 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Flowers grown in the streets.jpg was uncategorized on 24 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Fancy white flowers.jpg was uncategorized on 24 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Unusual purple flowers hanging down.jpg was uncategorized on 24 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Can You give explanations, why You rolled back my revision . This image was taken from "Armor Collection №4-2009" journal. I've placed now link to online version. Best regards, Smell U Later (talk) 18:37, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry but the link above goes to a non-existant page/file on Commons, maybe an administrator has already deleted it. Also I didn't use the rollback button, I used the undo button and provided a reason for undoing/reverting on the edit summary. —stay (sic)! 23:08, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- Done. I supported under my other alias "TerrenceandPhillip" at enwiki. Regards, —stay (sic)! 03:11, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
Sorry for the delayed reply. I haven't logged in my mail box recently. As you know, I am not an OTRS yet. It means that I failed in requesting OTRS access. I'm really not that familiar with the criteria of becoming an OTRS volunteer. I think it requires trust from community by taking part in discussions (e.g: DR) and good knowledge of licensing policy. Time is also an important factor too. And it will be easier if you are an admin in any Wikimedia project (not require but it helps get experience in different areas). If you want to apply for OTRS volunteer now, I think it's OK. You have been here quite long and have experience in licensing policy. Post your request here and follow the instruction there. If you have any question, feel free to ask (remember to post your question on my talk page). Best regards--Hoangquan hientrang (talk) 10:54, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the helpful reply. I'll be ready to apply when the time is right. Best, —stay (sic)! 02:03, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Featured picture candidates
Please look at the changes that I made - it may change your mind. Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Stomach mucosal layer labeled.svg - M•Komorniczak -talk- 11:58, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Hi A7x, I had a look at your contributions, and you don't strike me as someone who needs admin coaching. Frankly, if you were to run for adminship right now, the best reason for anyone to !vote oppose would be based on inactivity, which is at best, a weak reason. If you still want admin coaching, I'll coach you, but again, like I said, I don't think this is something you really need. -FASTILY (TALK) 18:30, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
Kamal Abbas cropped picture is nominated to be a featured on wiki commons. You supported the first nomination so I wonder if you will comment to the current nomination. -- The Egyptian Liberal (talk) 17:58, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Spanglish-31a.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Spanglish-31a.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
This message to me is correct can you please rename the files replacing the Ramaseum to MedinetHabu in both of them for me thanks :
Hi Merlin, some corrections for File:S_F-E-CAMERON_EGYPT_2005_RAMASEUM_01360.JPG and File:S_F-E-CAMERON_EGYPT_2005_RAMASEUM_01358.JPG - this is Medinet Habu temple, not Ramesseum - compare with your own photo File:SFEC-MEDINETHABU-2009-11-14-0008.JPG. Additionally - File:S_F-E-CAMERON_EGYPT_2005_RAMASEUM_01360.JPG is flipped horizontally. bellabs Thanks for that... I will have to change the names and re-upload them Merlin-UK (talk) 11:04, 12 December 2012 (UTC)Merlin-UK (talk) 14:00, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello A7x, there is a discussion about a request regarding your image-reviewer userright, which have never been used or not used recently. You can participate discussion in Commons:Administrators' noticeboard#Inactive_Image-reviewers. This is just a notification of discussion you may be involved. Best regards, --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:54, 2 February 2015 (UTC)