User talk:Fusion is the future
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
File source is not properly indicated: File:Atilla_Engin_Copenhagen_Jazz_Conservatory_Students_As_Cultural_Ambassadors.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Atilla_Engin_Copenhagen_Jazz_Conservatory_Students_As_Cultural_Ambassadors.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- The question is more about the authorship: The authorship of the photographs and the bookpage/newspaper. Did all authors agree to the license and did they agree that with the licensing they irrevocably release some rights so that anyone, worldwide, can reuse their work for any purpose including commercial reuse? --Martin H. (talk) 13:20, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
|File:European_Music_Year_1985_Italy.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Fusion is the future!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:European Music Year 1985 Austria.jpg was uncategorized on 11 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 12 September 2010 (UTC)