Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:CottonYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Rice2.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:MaizeYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:PotatoYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:RyeYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:RiceYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:WheatYield.png was uncategorized on 3 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
Hi. In the following map: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:PapayaYield.png&redirect=no, it shows papaya cultivation in northern China and southeastern Russia. Since the papaya is tropic and frost-sensitive is it really true that the papaya is grown so far north? Thanks!--达伟 (talk) 21:03, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
The factual accuracy of File:Hopoutput.png has been questioned at that image's talk page. That image seems to suggest that Iran grows more hops than the United States, and somehow I doubt they have the sort of domestic brewing tradition to support it. Could this possibly belong to another crop? - Smerdis of Tlön (talk) 21:02, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
Ridiculous maps, requesting deletion
As was recently pointed out at EN wikipedia, the map you uploaded of Bambara nut production is ridiculous, as are the two mentioned in sections above, for Papaya and Hops. You do not seem to have contributed to any wiki project since 2010, so it appears that your contributions may constitute deliberate addition of false information. I will request deletion of all files that you have uploaded, and will post a message here when that request is underway. Sminthopsis84 (talk) 22:07, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
Chashew yield, unit in doubt
In https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew#/media/Datei:CashewYield.png, the legend says kg/ha. Doesn't it have to be t/ha? A. Bachem, 2020-05-02 —Preceding unsigned comment was added by 2003:E5:3F0E:7ED0:45EE:1908:EB56:5AA (talk) 20:52, 3 May 2020 (UTC)
|File:MaizeYield.png has been marked for speedy deletion. (Reason: Data in this map is nonsense: Average corn yield for the farms in 2015 to 2019 was 8.63 metric tons per hectare, not 1,2 tons)
Why not upload a picture of a plant, animal, or anything else which fits into our scope. You can contribute any media type you want, including but not limited to images, videos, music, and 3D models. Start uploading now! If you don't have anything to upload at the moment, why not take a look at our best images or best videos, sounds and 3D models. If you have any doubts/questions don't hesitate to visit our help desk.
User who nominated the file for deletion (Nominator) :.
File:MaizeYield.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.