Manipur (Meitei: ꯃꯅꯤꯄꯨꯔ maṇipur) is a state in North-East India Region which was merged with India in 1949 and given status of union territory in 1950 and granted statehood in 1972 with the city of Imphal as its capital. Manipur had a constitution in 1947. Manipur is bounded by the Indian states of Nagaland to the north, Mizoram to the south and Assam to the west; it also borders Myanmar to the east. It covers an area of 22,347 square kilometres (8,628 sq mi). The Meiteis (Meeteis), who live primarily in the state's valley region, form the primary ethnic group. Foreigners entering Manipur (including foreign citizens born in Manipur) must possess a Restricted Area Permit, which can be obtained from the Foreigners' Regional Registration Office in the "metros" (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai) or certain other state government offices. Permits are valid for only 10 days, and visitors must travel only on tours arranged by authorised travel agents, in groups of four. Furthermore, they may come to Imphal only by air and are not permitted to travel outside the capital. 24.817°N 93.95°E
state in North-east India
|Head of state|
|Head of government|
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- Quality images of Manipur (1 F)
- Culture of Manipur (36 C, 84 F)
- Geography of Manipur (7 C, 1 F)
- History of Manipur (19 C, 22 F)
- Inscriptions in Manipur (1 C, 6 F)
- Museums in Manipur (5 C)
- Structures in Manipur (6 C, 1 F)
- Transport in Manipur (3 C)
- Categories of Manipur (1 C)
Pages in category "Manipur"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Manipur"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- A Manipuri Brahmin man.jpg 1,080 × 1,409; 306 KB
- A Manipuri Brahmin.jpg 1,080 × 1,394; 281 KB
- Kanglasa.svg 1,500 × 1,840; 11 KB
- Kangleipak.jpg 1,080 × 1,080; 174 KB
- Kaustubh Mani.jpg 720 × 953; 195 KB
- Langol Hills, Imphal, Manipur, India.jpg 1,080 × 678; 278 KB
- Manipur 2022 Results.svg 360 × 185; 5 KB
- MISS MANIPUR.jpg 2,401 × 1,080; 387 KB
- Shree Shree Govindaji Temple, Imphal, Manipur.jpg 1,033 × 807; 313 KB
- Yangoupokpi Lokchao WLS Manipur by Dr Raju Kasambe (1) 01.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.5 MB
- Yangoupokpi Lokchao WLS Manipur by Dr Raju Kasambe (1) 02.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.25 MB
- Yangoupokpi Lokchao WLS Manipur by Dr Raju Kasambe (1) 03.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.32 MB