Rājasthān (Hindi: राजस्थान) is the largest state of the Republic of India in terms of area. It encompasses most of the area of the large, inhospitable Great Indian Desert (Thar Desert), which has an edge paralleling the Sutlej-Indus river valley along its border with Pakistan. The state borders Pakistan to the west, Gujarat to the southwest, Madhya Pradesh to the southeast, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana to the northeast and Punjab to the north. Rajasthan covers an area of 132,150 sq mi or 342,269 km². The state capital is Jaipur. Geographical features include the Thar Desert along north-western Rajasthan and the termination of the en:Ghaggar River near the archaeological ruins at Kalibanga, which are the oldest in the subcontinent discovered so far.
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
- ► Featured pictures of Rajasthan (7 F)
- ► Cities and villages in Rajasthan (65 C, 3 P, 36 F)
- ► Culture of Rajasthan (28 C, 24 F)
- ► History of Rajasthan (38 C, 14 F)
- ► Nature of Rajasthan (13 C, 5 F)
- ► Shekhawati (5 C, 4 F)
- ► Wildlife sanctuaries in Rajasthan (7 C, 3 F)
Media in category "Rajasthan"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 1,184 total.(previous page) (next page)
- 1236569 P.E.E.G.jpg 55 KB
- A farm in rajasthan.jpg 2.66 MB
- A pond in rajasthan-1.jpg 1.65 MB
- A pond in rajasthan-2.jpg 1.5 MB
- A pond in rajasthan-3.jpg 2.15 MB
- A pond in rajasthan.jpg 1.53 MB
- Alwar-karauli map.jpg 191 KB
- Asia 100bc.jpg 760 KB
- Beneshwar dham shivling.JPG 3.6 MB
- Besan Wali Mirchi.jpg 1.98 MB
- Bikaner-Jaisalmer map.jpg 127 KB
- Chambal express.jpg 154 KB
- Chandar bhan gurjar.jpg 15 KB