|Instance of||state of India|
|Legislative body|| |
|Executive body|| |
|Head of state|
|Head of government|
|Elevation above sea level|| |
|Different from|| |
Himachal Pradesh (Hindi: हिमाचल प्रदेश, Punjabi: ਹਿਮਾਚਲ ਪ੍ਰਦੇਸ਼) is a state in the Punjab region in north-west India. Himachal Pradesh is spread over 21,629 sq mi (56,019 km²) and is bordered by the Indian states of Jammu and Kashmir on north, Punjab on west and south-west, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh on south, Uttarakhand on south-east and by Tibet (China) on the east. The literal meaning of Himachal Pradesh is Region of snowy mountains. Himachal Pradesh was also known as Deva Bhoomi (the land of the gods).
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Architecture of Himachal Pradesh (6 C)
- ► Culture of Himachal Pradesh (32 C)
- ► History of Himachal Pradesh (23 C)
- ► Nature of Himachal Pradesh (20 C)
- ► Quality images of Himachal Pradesh (3 F)
Pages in category "Himachal Pradesh"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Himachal Pradesh"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Dhauladhar mountain ranges,view from Dharamshala.jpg 960 × 720; 120 KB
- Kath Kuni Architecture.jpg 1,280 × 960; 170 KB
- Kath Kuni.jpg 1,254 × 1,080; 417 KB
- Vernacular Buildings.jpg 960 × 1,280; 202 KB