|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
My compliments and a tip
Hi Phlegmatic, my compliments on the great SVG flags you have created. I hope to see many more of them. Please keep in mind that the naming convention for flags is Flag of xxxx.ext. Cheers! Siebrand 08:25, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- OK. My method was to give the SVG flags the same name as their PNG or JPG counterparts (except for the extension, of course). Thanks for pointing out the correct convention. Phlegmatic 23:33, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
FYI. Based on pourpre.com
|Sanguine (blood red)||#850606|
Thank you for the recat help
--Foroa 06:32, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Flag of Hannut
Flag of Melle
Arms are wrong, upper chevron is couped. See http://www.ngw.nl/heraldrywiki/index.php?title=Melle_(Oost-Vlaanderen)Knorrepoes (talk) 13:07, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
- The flag was based on the image at Flags of the World . I agree that if the top chevron on the coat of arms is couped, it would make sense that the one on the flag should be as well, but so far I haven't found a source that confirms as much. —Phlegmatic (talk) 16:08, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
A barnstar for you!
|The Graphic Designer's Barnstar|
|For your excellent contributions to the encyclopedia, including but not limited to your extensive research and presentation on Pittsburgh newspapers! Marketdiamond (talk) 13:11, 3 December 2013 (UTC)|
Pittsburgh newspaper timeline
Hey I stumbled upon your Pittsburgh newspaper timeline recently. Have you thought about adding the Pittsburgh Press' post-2011 section as an active online newspaper? Or even alternative or regional papers like the Pittsburgh City Paper and the Beaver County Times, both of which cover Pittsburgh-related topics quite regularly? Just offering some suggestions. Having the timeline, though, does help. Thanks! 18.104.22.168 16:54, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback. There were scads of other papers I could have added, but didn't want to make the graphic too large or complex, so I restricted the scope to general-circulation Pittsburgh dailies and their predecessors, specifically those that were party to mergers or purchases (hence "consolidation timeline"). I didn't include the regional papers (since there were so many of them), except those ancestral to the Tribune-Review.
- While creating the image, I experimented with showing the following minor and/or short-lived afternoon editions of primarily morning papers:
- online "Pittsburgh Press" edition of the Post-Gazette (post-2011)
- Trib p.m. (2003-2011)
- Evening Gazette (1861-1866)
- Evening Dispatch (1848)
- evening edition of Post-Gazette (1960)
- but the result looked rather messy, so I left them out for the time being.