More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
File tagging File:Timoshenko_Shmatko.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Timoshenko_Shmatko.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
https://ticket.wikimedia.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom&TicketNumber=2010011610026225--Rafshm (talk) 09:54, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
|File:Timoshenko_Shmatko.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
22.214.171.124 09:12, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Shevchenko Taras.jpg was uncategorized on 8 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:03, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Timoshenko_Shmatko.jpg https://ticket.wikimedia.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom&TicketNumber=2010011610026225--Rafshm (talk) 09:47, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
- The permission has not been sent by the sculptor but by his son. The sculptor is still living, so we need his permission. We had such cases in the past that have been deleted ( etc.). --Eleassar (t/p) 10:37, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the info! This is not a problem. You can get permission to use this file from Nikolai Shmatko. I do not know how to do it correctly. Nikolai Shmatko no registration and no member of the project, but he will give permission. --Rafshm (talk) 11:02, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
- Please use the form  and the instructions at Commons:OTRS. You have to send the form to email@example.com. If anything will be still unclear, just let me know. --Eleassar (t/p) 11:12, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! I shall give this information to Nikolai Shmatko. We shall resolve this issue.
|File:Timoshenko Shmatko.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
I can not understand the reason for removal. Permission to use this file was sent by Nikolai Shmatko few days ago.