|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Shell haven 191007.jpg is uncategorized since 7 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:14, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Central control room.jpg is uncategorized since 7 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:14, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Shell haven 191007 1.jpg is uncategorized since 7 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:14, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:High vacuum unit.jpg is uncategorized since 7 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:14, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Shell haven flare.jpg is uncategorized since 8 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:21, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Flare.jpg is uncategorized since 8 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:21, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Coryton 191007.jpg is uncategorized since 8 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:21, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Handley page 115.jpg is uncategorized since 9 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:19, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:St giles.jpg is uncategorized since 9 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:19, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Sweyne park sign.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:17, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Bicknacre village sign 1.jpg is uncategorized since 8 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:19, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Map rayleigh.jpg is uncategorized since 10 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:21, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Spread rayleigh.jpg is uncategorized since 10 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:21, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Aerial images of Coryton and Shell Haven
Thanks for uploading these... and they're now tagged with the appropriate categories.
Categorising aerial images
Great idea. When I get time I'll upload some more.
I noticed that your new images (very good btw) are placed in the "Aerial photographs of Essex", "Essex", and "Aerial photographs" categories. As "Aerial photographs of Essex" is a subcategory of both "Essex" and "Aerial photographs" - the images thus only need to be placed in the "Aerial photographs of Essex". To avoid over categorization like this, please try to be as specific as possible when adding the cats. If you're not sure, then try browsing the categories to see if anything suitable exists. If nothing suitable exists, then you can create it, but please also check the conventions in related hierarchies. Oneblackline (talk) 13:23, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
Image of Canvey's petrochemical site
...it slipped my mind that this image (we discussed here) could be used elsewhere other than Canvey's infobox; so I've cleaned it up a touch and placed it in the in the petrochemical section. Oneblackline (talk) 17:03, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Please could you tag any further image uploads of Essex village signs with the Category:Village signs in Essex (rather than with the Category:Essex). Thanks, much appreciated. Oneblackline (talk) 17:16, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Will do, when I looked before I couldn't find that category.
- ok, no problem... I guess it was a delay in the system. Oneblackline (talk) 12:13, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Aerial images of Canvey (March 2009)
Glad you like them, I have taken quite a few other aerial photos today. I am working my way through them.
I'm going to be taking more aerial photos during the year, so if you think of anything that might be useful please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
- I've just edited the Canvey article so it now has one (slightly tweaked) from the latest set as its leading image... looks great. I've also started a new commons category for the set and moved the files; see - Category:Aerial photographs of Canvey Island.
Further aerial images of Essex
Ideally... I think an aerial shot of every town and village in Essex would be good to add, and shots of the most prominent landmarks. The Hadleigh Castle article would benefit significantly from this. An aerial view reveals the original unified outline/plan... to me this unity is hidden when on site. Here's an example of the aerial view. An aerial view of the outline/plan of Tilbury fort would also be good (an example here), and perhaps a shot of the Port of Tilbury, and Lakeside Shopping Centre. The port at Harwich might also be worth considering, as is Hatfield forest and Epping forest.
Here's a list of all the towns in Essex, links to the wikipedia articles, and the current status (in regards to aerial images).
- Buckhurst Hill
- Canvey Island
- Chafford Hundred
- Chipping Ongar
- Flitch Green
- Frinton and Walton
- Great Clacton
- Great Dunmow
- Langdon Hills
- Saffron Walden
- South Benfleet
- South Woodham Ferrers
- Waltham Abbey
- West Mersea
- West Thurrock
Ok These may take some time. I'll see what I can do.
Hi Terry. I thought I'd let you know that I've edited this shot of Maldon (to remove any ambiguity with Heybridge) and made it the leading image for the WP article... Any chance you have other shots from this session which could show a bit more of Heybridge? oneblackline (talk) 16:17, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
Creating categories & Rivers of Essex
We already have the Category:Rivers of Essex... it's located in Category:Geography of Essex... anyway, I've noticed that you've uploaded a few images of the River Chelmer, and we don't have a category for that, so to create the category - go to an image of the Chelmer, click edit, and add the brackets and characters inside the following quotes to the bottom of the page - "[[Category:River Chelmer]]" - (replacing "[[Category:Rivers of Essex]]") then save the page. A red link to the category will be at the bottom of the saved page; click the link, then add "[[Category:Rivers of Essex]]" to the new page, then save it. This last action will create the category. An alternative method for creating a new category would be to add the name of the new category and the category syntax "Category:River Chelmer" to the url "http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/" then paste the result "http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:River Chelmer" in the address bar of your browser, hit your enter (or return) key, then add the string "[[Category:Rivers of Essex]]" to the page, and then save it.
Yes that's helped, however in "Rivers of Essex" Not all the rivers show in the subcategories.
- The existing categories are; the Crouch, Lee, Roach, Roding, Thames. If you see those, then you're allright. Oneblackline (talk) 17:35, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I know what you mean... which rivers are you expecting?.. the "Rivers of Essex" categories at wikipedia are separate from those that exist here (at the commons). If the cats aren't mirrored or complete here, then we have to create the necessary cats manually. oneblackline (talk) 16:30, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
I have taken some pictures of the river ter which I assigned the category rivers of essex, so i thought that would put the river ter into the rivers of essex. 22.214.171.124 01:00, 28 March 2009 (UTC) Terry
- Tagging an image with a particular category (e.g. Category:Rivers of Essex) places the image in that exact category, the system software doesn't automatically move it to an appropriate sub-category (e.g Category:River Roach), or automatically create a new appropriate category (e.g Category:River Ter). Some bots exists which categorise files by determining from the file's description the appropriate categories, but from my experience the bot is only as good as the description... and that in itself (writing a clear description of an image) can be problematic... not to mention; the bot interpreting the most significant words in a description, and matching them with the current categories. oneblackline (talk) 13:50, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi Terry, I'm not sure if this is how I should go about this so sorry if it isn't. I am a marine biology student and am carrying out a project on the saltmarshes opposite the Hythe (Heybridge side) in Maldon and was wondering if you have any other photos of that area? I have been searching for one for a while now and your name keeps popping up on pictures but this is the only place I have been able to find to possibly contact you. Do you have a website with all of your pictures on? They are fantastic! Thanks, Kate
Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:Shotgate sign.gif. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk. The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
- Hi, can you please send the email containing the permission to firstname.lastname@example.org so that it is archived in OTRS. --John Vandenberg (chat) 05:24, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:21, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
05:49, 21 April 2015 (UTC)