User talk:HP R817
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which information may be missing. Thank you.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, HP R817!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Northern Green Frog.jpg was uncategorized on 20 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:35, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Bash Bish Falls.jpg was uncategorized on 20 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:35, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Gunn Brook Falls.jpg was uncategorized on 21 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:28, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi, HP R817. Could you add more information to the description of File:Red-spotted newt (N. v. viridescens).jpg? In particular, the location of the newt, the more specific the better. Perhaps even adding coordinates if you remember and know the exact location. Jason Quinn (talk) 22:19, 5 September 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Dear HP R817,
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 08:14, 27 October 2012 (UTC)