More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 11:35, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Lkw-Maut.pdf was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:37, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lkw-Maut in Deutschland.png was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:37, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Verwendung der Mautmittel.png was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:04, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Effizienzvergleich - Diesel Batterie.pdf was uncategorized on 12 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:37, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:TOC Elektro Batterie.pdf was uncategorized on 13 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:45, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Förderung Elektromobilität International.pdf was uncategorized on 13 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:45, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:CO2-Effizienzgruppen bei Pkw.pdf was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 07:10, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Pkw-energieverbrauchskennzeichnungsverordnung-label, Quelle Bundeswirtschaftsministerium.pdf was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 07:10, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Pkw-energieverbrauchskennzeichnungsverordnung-label, Quelle Bundeswirtschaftsministerium.pdf
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Pkw-energieverbrauchskennzeichnungsverordnung-label, Quelle Bundeswirtschaftsministerium.pdf. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
|Pay attention to licensing||Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content: images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose.
File:CO2-Effizienzgruppen bei Pkw.pdf seems to be free (or it would be proposed for deletion), but it was identified as having a wrong license. Usually, it is because a public domain image is tagged with a free license, or because the stated source or other information is not sufficient to prove the selected tag is correct. Please verify that you applied the correct license tag for this file.
If you believe this file has the correct license, please explain why on the file description page.
The reason given by the user who added this tag is: Please see the file's page for more info.