Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:O2dublininterior.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:48, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Leapcard (photo).png was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:51, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
File tagging File:Schizos anno2008.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Schizos anno2008.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- As far as I know this photo is owned/made on request of the band. As their singer & bass-player Rene Timmer has died in August of 2011 it is a little hard to contact them to get the proper permission. Permission to use this file, as well as the other files, was specifically granted (pages were edited with some information on request of Rene and Reinie) but I jave no written proof if this, so I'll just leave it as it is. ¬¬¬¬
|File:FC-Switched Fabric.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.