|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 21:16, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:07, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Haller Willem.jpg is uncategorized since 15 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:07, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Deon Meyer-Jost Hindersmann.jpg was uncategorized on 8 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Caecilie Norby 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 13 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:26, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Jens Lapidus Hengelo 2011 02.jpg was uncategorized on 17 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:01, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
Just a note to let you know that this image was published here: