|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 00:36, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
- 1 Trackmaps
- 2 Image:GulfMexTemps_2005Hurricanes.PNG
- 3 TUSC token 561b7070ef672cae844d17cea63c162a
- 4 Track maps.
- 5 ike track poor quality?
- 6 Hurricane Omar track
- 7 File source is not properly indicated: File:2008-2009_South_Pacific_cyclone_season_summary.jpg
- 8 Tip: Categorizing images
- 9 File:Ellen_1950_track.png
Could you please use the nicer NASA maps for the track maps as they were used before from Image:Whole world - land and oceans.jpg. Thanks and please redo the former work. --220.127.116.11 12:25, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- I don't creat the track map using en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Tropical cyclones/Tracks. That was my own work. If someone replace those (they are only two) track maps, it is welcome! (I'm not a native speaker of English) -Rfeld 19:35, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:GulfMexTemps_2005Hurricanes.PNG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Ramisses 18:18, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token 561b7070ef672cae844d17cea63c162a
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Would I be right in assuming that the trackmaps you have created use the following scale?
|Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale|
ike track poor quality?
I refer to the image quality, each datapoint has a lot of distortion around it. Are you converting it to jpg and back or something? PNG is lossless and should not have such artifacts. 18.104.22.168 02:54, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Hurricane Omar track
This is just a question. Omar peaked category 4 HURRICANE OMAR DISCUSSION NUMBER 12, but it is presented as a category 3 hurricane. Do you know the reason? By the way, your track maps are great. Good work!!!!!!!!!--Izmir2 (talk) 05:22, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:2008-2009_South_Pacific_cyclone_season_summary.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:2008-2009_South_Pacific_cyclone_season_summary.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 23:55, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Fbi Tactical.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Snowcsi-pt.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Snowcsi.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
|File:Ellen_1950_track.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.