- 1 Oh good!
- 2 File:WE.177 safety keys.jpg
- 3 TUSC token e3f42c75fac9f810d48e4cb24b3f0862
- 4 Question
- 5 File:RAF Museum Cosford - DSC08475.JPG
- 6 TUSC token 1306bac8eb90f5dc02d2bc23e7e55792
- 7 Your edit here
- 8 Quality Image Promotion
- 9 File:GMB Dorset banner, Tolpuddle 2012.JPG
- 10 Quality Image Promotion
- 11 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Someone dealing with categories in England :) If I can help please do let me know. You may want to take a look at enabling HotCat (from preferences, Gadgets) - it can may dealing with categories a little quicker & checks for the existence of the category too.
It is a mine field in some ways - if you haven't looked at the top level cat yet you may wish to do so (I didn't but wish I had!). It is good to try and get consistency across counties etc. Thanks & regards --Herby talk thyme 16:10, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the compliment. Museums can be a pain to get a picture when they don't allow flash or a tripod! If you have any more you'd like me to see if I can improve then let me know. Regards, Ian Dunster (talk) 22:10, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token e3f42c75fac9f810d48e4cb24b3f0862
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
"Hey [my name],
You can use IDFspokesperson photos as long as you credit the source of the pictures. If you have any more questions related to media platforms online please email us here.
Thanks! Ron Fisher"
-- New Media Desk IDF Spokesperson's Unit
Do I need to take a screenshot of the email or what?
- Hi DougD, I'm afraid you have to use the Commons:OTRS system to get a third party agreement by email. I've done this once, and it is a bit tedious. I got the third party to email the boiler-plate email in himself, having drafted it for him to forward on. You could put the image on en.wikipedia instead, then claim "fair-use", but someone might argue you could produce a similar map yourself. It would be nice if more govt organisations explicitly put things into the PD as the U.S. govt does (or Creative Commons).
- NB Did you get enough time to see the reason why File:PalestinianMilitants1.jpg was deleted? It was deleted so quickly there was little time for anyone to see the rationale - now even I can no longer see the reason I gave, which is a bit frustrating! I should have kept a record. Rwendland (talk) 17:33, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
- I think the original author ripped the photo from reuters and passed it as his own. The flickr account said all his photos were CC and could be edited/whatever as long as he was given credit.
- The policy is en:Wikipedia:Non-free content, but having looked at it again I don't think it would allow this image, effectively a map. So you are stuck with Commons:OTRS I think. This has the advantage that articles in other languages could use it. Rwendland (talk) 22:34, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
Thanks very much for the correction of the description of that image. Looks like I somehow typed the wrong description in there by mistake. Much appreciated, Regards Green Lane (talk) 17:35, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
TUSC token 1306bac8eb90f5dc02d2bc23e7e55792
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
- Sorry, I see that now. Was doing a batch recat with Cat-a-lot and got too click happy! Rwendland (talk) 19:47, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:St Nicholas church, Tolleshunt D'Arcy.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
|You've uploaded a derivative work||We're sorry, but File:GMB Dorset banner, Tolpuddle 2012.JPG has been marked as a copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content, that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added will soon be deleted. If you believe this file is not a derivative of a non-free work, please explain why on the file description page. In case the file has already been deleted, you may contact the administrator who deleted it or make an undeletion request.
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:Tolleshunt D'Arcy maypole, from east.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee