More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 Usefull categories, please!
- 3 files renamed
- 4 Requesting Permission to print one of your photos under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License
- 5 Location?
- 6 Please do not recreate deleted content
- 7 Question
- 8 File:Anencefalia.jpg
- 9 File:ManicomioJudiciarioGoogleEarth.jpg
- 10 Reminder: Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2016 is open!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:M pudica-costapppr.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ipomoea arborea-costapppr.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ipomoea-costapppr.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Jurubeba-costapppr2.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ipomoea-pescaprea-costapppr.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Jurubeba-costapppr1.jpg was uncategorized on 28 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Pavot-LarousseMedical.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:57, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Papaver-coquelicot-Larousse.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:57, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Papaver-chelidoine-Larousse.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:57, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Tomate2DSC 1623.jpg was uncategorized on 28 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:25, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mus-DSC 2459.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:10, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:LagartixaDSC 2769.jpg was uncategorized on 4 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:05, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
Usefull categories, please!
Please give usefull categories to your images. Note that for single images categories like Category:Plants are not usefull at all. Imagine the resulting mess if each and any plant image would be placed in this category! If ever possible use the botanical (latin) name as category. So for instance your File:CansancaoDSC 5948.jpg belongs into Category:Jatropha urens. For further information please read Commons:Categories. -- Ies (talk) 19:43, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
Ok, but sometimes the exact category with the name of the plant does not exist and / or I do not know the exact species - only the genus.
In this case I prefer to classify what I am sure and use more than one category - such as medicinal plants.
Beyond what I expect a little help from my friends,
hopefully i will be getting better
Thank (i understand you and i think the same) and i will make review
--Costa P.P.P.R. 09:44, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
I just renamed your files:
- File:Calliandra surinamensis-DSC7933.jpg
- File:Calliandra surinamensis-DSC7934.jpg
- File:Calliandra surinamensis-DSC7941.jpg
--Costa P.P.P.R. 09:18, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
Requesting Permission to print one of your photos under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License
Would you consider giving permission to print your photo of a "Português: Calunga (Mus musculus)" on a non-commercial poster under a "Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license"?
I would like to combine it with a photo of a student, but the student won't give me permission to print his picture under a "Share Alike" license. He would give me permission if the photo requires attribution only. The poster will be displayed for one month in the lobby of a university hall. Thanks for your consideration!
P.S. Here is the URL of the photo in question: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mus-DSC_2459.jpg
- it's ok for me
use: no - offensive / Educational
credits to wikimedia commons
--Costa P.P.P.R. 11:25, 21 December 2013 (UTC)
Thanks very much!!!
Hi Costa - do you have photo locations you could add to File:Aroeira-DSC 6778.jpg and File:AroeiraDSC 5888.jpg, please? Also any other of your plant photos, please ;-) Locations greatly increase the value of photos. Thanks! - MPF (talk) 00:00, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- Ok - (in my last photos I have added the location / Thanks) These plants are native (indigenous) from the coastal region of Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
--Costa P.P.P.R. 00:17, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
--Costa P.P.P.R. 02:35, 15 July 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by CostaPPPR (discussão • contribs) 02:36, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Please do not recreate deleted content
Your image or other content, Costapppr, was recently deleted in accordance with our process and policies. You have recreated this content after it was deleted; please do not do this. If you would like to contest the deletion, please visit Commons:Undeletion requests and follow the instructions there to have the deletion reviewed. Recreating deleted content outside of process is not allowed, and doing so repeatedly may cause you to lose your editing privileges. Thank you for understanding.
If you have questions, you may ask them at the Village Pump in any of 42 languages or on my talk page. I will also watch for questions here on your talk page for at least a week. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 22:30, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
- carregar uma imagem que já foi eliminada
- p/ Jim et al
- eu não restaurei nenhuma imagem, apenas fiz 2 uploads de novas photos a partir de antigo ID Costapppr - o atual é CostaPPPR. Não entendi também porque Costapppr está ativo ?
- I have not restored any image just did 2 uploads new photos from old ID Costapppr - the current is CostaPPPR Nor did because Costapppr active?
- Entendo agora - a página ID Costapppr = ...commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Costapppr é que deveria ter sido deletada - Grato pelo aviso
- I understand now - the page ID Costapppr [ - Its a ghost ] is what should have been deleted - Thanks for the warning
- Sometime ago I requested the name (ID) change The correct is :...commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CostaPPPR
- Thanks --Costa P.P.P.R. 10:51, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
|File:Anencefalia.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Note that I have concerns about other images that you have uploaded— you may only upload to commons those images which you have either created yourself (i.e., you drew the picture or took the photo) or for which you have clear source information that shows the copyright is freely licensed. This image does not appear to have those things. Other images you have uploaded also appear to lack those things. That concerns me. Please consider nominating these images for deletion yourself, if you would. KDS4444 (talk) 00:26, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- This photograph was taken by me with analog camera (Nikon) in Maternity - Hospital of Camaçari Ba, 1986 and subsequently scanned with HP scanner. Like another photos of my own publication here File:ChimpZooBaBr.jpg ; File:Callthrix-SSaBa-costapppr1.jpg ; File:Callthrix-fio.png... and others... Look (UTC) - note that EXIF did not even exist until 1995.
- In that time I began a epidemiological research in a municipal health department in Camaçari Bahia (near a petrochemical industrial complex) on the living conditions of the municipality and there was a rumor that suspected Anencephaly incidence as a cluster in the municipality of Cubatao (Sao Paulo Brazil)
- look: Vigilancia epidemiologica de malformacoes congenitas no sistema de saude de Camacari: determinacao e controle da incidencia de anomalias morfologicas estruturais maiores unicas e multiplas no municipio de Camacari-Ba. Costa, Paulo Pedro P. Rodrigues da. s.l; s.n; 1987. 30 p. ilus, tab. http://pesquisa.bvsalud.org/portal/resource/pt/lil-113928
--Costa P.P.P.R. 10:04, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
about Cubatão Rumor
in later observations ... do not indicate an elevated birth prevalence rate for anencephaly, neural tube defects, or any other major congenital malformation in Cubatão © 1994 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Monteleone-Neto, Roque, Castilla, Eduardo E. Apparently normal frequency of congenital anomalies in the highly polluted town of Cubatão, Brazil. American Journal of Medical Genetics Am. J. Med. Genet. Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 319–323, 1 September 1994 Abstract
my observations on temporal serie of Infant mortality rate too do not support the suspicion of an elevated birth prevalence rate for anencephaly, neural tube defects, or some other major congenital malformation in Camaçari 1979 - 1992
--Costa P.P.P.R. 12:04, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
|File:ManicomioJudiciarioGoogleEarth.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- A imagem é do Google Earth, mas se seu uso não for permitido mesmo com os créditos reconhecidos e a necessidade de sua utilização com fins educativos. Eu nada posso fazer, portanto, que seja excluída.
- --Costa P.P.P.R. 12:27, 10 January 2016 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by CostaPPPR (talk • contribs) 12:27, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
Reminder: Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2016 is open!
You are receiving this message because you voted in R1 of the 2016 Picture of the Year contest.
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2016 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eleventh edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2016) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. In Round 1, there were 1475 candidate images. There are 58 finalists in Round 2, comprised of the top 30 overall as well as the top #1 and #2 from each sub-category.
In the final round, you may vote for just one or maximal three image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on 20 April 2017, 23:59:59 UTC.
--Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee 08:42, 16 April 2017 (UTC)