Note: I upload many, many images from the English Wikipedia. I try to be very careful not to import anything that isn't acceptable at the Commons, but sometimes mistakes arise. Please let me know if anything I bring over isn't right in any way.
Recent image issues:
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:1502 Cantino.jpg
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:Blaikiewell primroses2.jpg
- Commons:Categories for discussion/2014/12/Category:Black and white photographs
- Commons:Deletion requests/File:Flag of Great Britain (Scottish version).png
New URL for OgreBot's old version filemover
Hello. I've identified you as a user who has previously used OgreBot's old version filemover. Please note the new URL: toollabs:magog/oldver.php. Thanks. Magog the Ogre (talk) (contribs) 23:40, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I noticed you had reverted one of my edits filling Category:Files by User:Carptrash from en.wikipedia. I am curious if there is a specific reason, so that I may avoid any similar future mistakes, especially as I have another prolific uploader or two that I had considered doing this for as well. My reason for adding the category is that it had originally been uploaded by that user onto the English Wikipedia, or at least according to the log section. Thanks, djr13 (talk) 18:36, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, hello. You added the category to a lot of images, and it was appropriate in almost every case—thanks for your contributions! In one case, however, the image was created by the USDA, and not by Carptrash. (He only uploaded the image to Wikipedia.) That's why I removed the category. All the best,– Quadell (talk) 18:38, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- By adding the category I did mean to imply original upload rather than original authorship. I don't intend to contest it if you prefer it to be limited to the latter. However, not expecting you to take on the load of reversing my actions, I should note there are several other such scans in the category. I can reverse these if I am mistaken on the purpose of the "from en.wikipedia" categories... djr13 (talk) 19:19, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- To me, "Files by Carptrash" seems to imply that Carptrash created the files. If there's clear consensus about what "Files by X" means in these sort of categories, then we should go with that. If not, I do suspect the clearest interpretation is to only use these categories on files the user created.– Quadell (talk) 19:29, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
Discussion of image description formatting
There is a proposal for a style guideline for image descriptions at the Village Pump. Previously, you have expressed an opinion about such formatting. Please feel free to join in the discussion! — hike395 (talk) 18:14, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
|File:Tasmanian (Bowern 2012).png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.