- 1 Welcome to my Talk page
- 2 Hello
- 3 Proposal: Picture of the Year and Picture of the Month contests
- 4 POTY election implementation
- 5 Commons Picture of the Year 2006 Competition
- 6 Image:Flying_kites.jpg
- 7 Image:Grande Arche de La Défense et fontaine.jpg
- 8 Sparrow on branch
- 9 Tip: Categorizing images
- 10 Photo locations
- 11 File:Middle C Diagram.jpg
Welcome to my Talk page
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 19:17, 29 December 2006 (UTC)
Hello Alvesgaspar, I must say that I admire your photography greatly. Your work is very much appreciated, you must be extremely talented. Cheers! Arjun 23:16, 5 January 2007 (UTC).
Thank you very much for your symphaty. But I don't think it is real talent, just a "couple of years" of experience and a lot of love for beatiful things... Alvesgaspar 23:42, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Proposal: Picture of the Year and Picture of the Month contests
I have posted a new proposal on Commons talk:Featured picture candidates regarding the creation of FP-related contests and would like your feedback on the idea. This message is being sent to some of the regular contributors to Commons:Featured picture candidates. Alvesgaspar 16:07, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
POTY election implementation
Some help in needed to organize the POTY election. Please check the conclusions of the discussion in Commons talk:Featured picture candidates. What do you think of doing the election in the period 15-31 January? - Alvesgaspar 14:41, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
Commons Picture of the Year 2006 Competition
|Interested in honouring the best of the best? Vote now in the
Commons Picture of the Year competition 2006
Voting to select the finalists is open until 14th February.
The arrangements for the Commons Picture of the Year 2006 competition are now complete, and voting will start tomorrow, Feb 1st. All Featured Pictures promoted last year are automatically nominated. As a past contributor to Featured Pictures, we invite you to participate in the competition (but please wait until tomorrow to vote). --MichaelMaggs 22:26, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
- Oh great, I have been away, I will be there. I am excited. Arjun 22:56, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. Siebrand 02:26, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
This message was placed by an automated process. Please go to Commons:Help desk if you need help.
Hello, you have supported to the promotion of the image Image:Grande Arche de La Défense et fontaine.jpg to the Featured Picture status, and I thank you for that. Currently this image has been proposed to deletion by another user under the pretext that there is no FOP in France.
I believe that the image is not a copyright infringement; the main subject is the water from the fountain, the Grand Arche is unavoidable in the background. In what the lightning of the fountain is concerned, as user Arad mentioned in the original nomination, they are very simple and they do not have a special plan, so they cannot be copyrighted.
If you wish you can express your opinion on this issue on the deletion request page of this image, otherwise the image could disappear soon; the usage check indicates that the image is already used in around 150 pages around internation wikis (usage check), it would be a pity for the community to see a FP image disappear.
Thanks and best regards, --Atoma 16:59, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Sparrow on branch
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 07:26, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Stratocaster headstock001.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Stratocaster headstock1.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Middle C Diagram.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Strat head.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Pink Moon.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Chinese man.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Confucius0001.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Pink clouds.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Piano Middle C.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Poinsettia leaves.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Sand tarantula.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Hi Arjun - it would be helpful if you could add locations (even if just approximate) to these photos, please: File:Macro pinecone.jpg, File:Pine cone on pine tree.jpg. Thanks! MPF (talk) 12:07, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
|File:Middle C Diagram.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.