User talk:Lucas RdS
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Please experiment in the sandbox
Vandalism is not appreciated
You have vandalized the content of Wikimedia Commons. Please stop. If you continue making inappropriate edits you may be blocked from editing Commons. You may test freely in the sandbox.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Lucas RdS!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster logo2.png was uncategorized on 11 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Kerli Kõiv.ogg was uncategorized on 1 April 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 2 April 2011 (UTC)
|File:Kerli - Alice in Wonderland Ultimate Fan Event.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- Please note: The only images the Commons can accept from Flickr are the ones found here and here. Also, please select "It is someone else's work from Flickr" from the upload form when uploading photos from Flickr as this will included a template that tags the image as an unreviewed Flickr image and a bot or someone who has the appropriate permissions can verify that all of the information found on the file's page is true. Thanks! Scarce (talk) 03:22, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
File tagging File:Kerli_performing_at_Õllesummer_8.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Kerli_performing_at_Õllesummer_8.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
|File:Kerli_performing_at_Õllesummer_5_(crop).jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
(Talk) 21:26, 20 April 2011 (UTC)