|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
|Image deletion warning||Image:Jerusalem_proof_engraving_by_William_Miller_after_Turner_R523.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
-Nard the Bard 22:03, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:52, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Loddiges 456 Olea europaea drawn by W Miller.jpg is uncategorized since 7 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Loddiges 445 Pinguicula grandiflora drawn by W Miller.jpg is uncategorized since 7 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Loddiges 429 Phaca astragalina drawn by W Miller.jpg is uncategorized since 7 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:52, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Edinburgh from Arthur's Seat engraved copper plate by William Miller after H W Williams.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.