More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:02, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dian n Tintin.jpg is uncategorized since 23 May 2009.
- Image:SMAN1MLG.jpg is uncategorized since 31 July 2009.
|File:Dian n Tintin.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- The image showed a copyrighted Tintin image and it was not a small part (Commons:De minimis). As you are not the copyright holder it makes no difference that you shot the image or you don't want to show Tintin, but it does. It's not allowed to upload those images. Please read also Commons:Licensing#Derivative_Works and the other help articles. If you just wanted to show the persons you could have taken a picture without Tintin or later edit or crop the picture. I didn't delete this picture, this was User:Abigor and therefore I can't reactivate it. --Kungfuman (talk) 07:24, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
The image File:Sumatra meulaboh mosque.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Sumatra meulaboh mosque.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
|File:Erick Thohir.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.