|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 21:23, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Fort McKinley Parade Ground - Diamond Cove.jpg was uncategorized on 2 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:22, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
Great Black Backed Gull
Fantastic picture of the GBB stealing the Eider duckling. You say a hi-res version is available on request so I would love to see it please. Email is wg (at) growveg.info
Thanks in advance, David
Urgent: Photo challenge
Hi Charles. I noticed that you added Category:Photo challenge/2014 - June - Ruins, cemeteries and ghostly places to File:Haunted Fort Mifflin.jpg but have not submitted it at the challenge page. If you plan to submit it for the challenge, please add it there before midnight UTC.
- The June challenges have now closed. As discussed with Colin, I submitted this as a late entry for you as it was uploaded and added to the category in June (but please don't forget next time or rely on someone giving you the benefit of the doubt, closing the challenges will not be my responsibility next time around). Please let me know asap if it should not be included as voting will start soon. HelenOnline 07:48, 1 July 2014 (UTC)