More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Varful Serbota.jpg was uncategorized on 18 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:DW390.jpg was uncategorized on 9 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:59, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Puchar ekstraklasy.jpg was uncategorized on 8 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:24, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Graf wks.jpg was uncategorized on 20 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:20, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Znak o.jpg was uncategorized on 21 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Kościelec.jpg was uncategorized on 3 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:00, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Tatry - MOko.jpg was uncategorized on 7 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:44, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:NiżnieRysy.jpg was uncategorized on 12 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:50, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Schlesier Weg.jpg was uncategorized on 12 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:50, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ślęża.jpg was uncategorized on 20 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:59, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Toporzeł.jpg was uncategorized on 25 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:21, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:SzczeliniecWielki.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:07, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Szczeliniec Wielki @.jpg was uncategorized on 8 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:07, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Rysy w sierpniu.jpg was uncategorized on 29 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:48, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
Stadion Miejski Wrocław.jpg
File tagging File:Stadion Miejski Wrocław.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Stadion Miejski Wrocław.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
File source is not properly indicated: File:Destroyed.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Destroyed.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
|File:Toporzeł.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.