|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to the Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate category and optionally place the images on topic pages (galleries), or do both (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on the Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
Thank you. Siebrand 09:50, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Stop uploading copyvio image
Even if images are fine, copyvio is copyvio. Yassie 11:36, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
- vandalize a page, you will be blocked from editing Commons. It may be longer, or even indefinite. STOP UPLOADING OTHERS' COPYRIGHTED IMAGES. Yassie 14:16, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:DavincihorseGR.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 14:18, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Eaglesstadopen.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Concession.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Packed house.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:IMG 6517.JPG.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Sign eagles.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:PTC3.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:01, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:PTC4.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:01, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:PTC1.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:01, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:PTC2.jpg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:01, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:IMG 6517.JPG.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:IMG 6517.JPG.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
|File:George R. Brown Renovation.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
--Krdbot 22:02, 13 February 2015 (UTC)