More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:Huf Haus in Scotland.jpg is uncategorized since 6 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 17:57, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Malt Whisky Flavor Map.jpg is uncategorized since 21 June 2009.
- Image:Fiat 131 2nd series.jpg was uncategorized on 8 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:24, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Glenkinchie12.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:05, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mysterious Bruichladdich12.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:05, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Lagavulin Destillers Edition.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:05, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Redbreast12.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:05, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Modern Hanhart Time study stopwatch.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:14, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:ORTIM a5 Time Study System.png was uncategorized on 6 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:47, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Jamestown VA houses.JPG was uncategorized on 14 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:31, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Colonial Williamsburg11.JPG was uncategorized on 15 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:34, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Daytona Beach at Bike Week 07.JPG was uncategorized on 15 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:34, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Drigus Multidata 6 Time Study System.jpg was uncategorized on 21 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:35, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FH Maschinenbau.JPG was uncategorized on 20 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FH Verwaltung.JPG was uncategorized on 20 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FH Bauing.JPG was uncategorized on 20 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FH Flugzeugbau.JPG was uncategorized on 20 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mammoth Hot Springs Travertine Terrace.JPG was uncategorized on 6 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:29, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ludger Knepper 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 6 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:29, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Aga-Herd 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 17 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 23:52, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:U-Boot-Bunker La Rochelle 2.jpg was uncategorized on 20 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:17, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:U-Boot-Bunker La Rochelle 1.jpg was uncategorized on 20 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:17, 21 January 2012 (UTC)
File tagging File:Zeitstudiengerät.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Zeitstudiengerät.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it, please read the text above again and follow the links in it,if you still need help ask at the ->Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 11:56, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.