- 1 File:Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, RA, OM - Portrait of a Sailor - Walters 372663.jpg
- 2 Poster of flowers
- 3 Nashville picture for my homepage?
- 4 a heads-up
- 5 Phidippus
- 6 Curious about your take on this
- 7 File:Chimp Brain in a jar.jpg
- 8 Commons:Deletion requests/File:Grand Theft Auto logo series.svg
- 9 Thank you for contributing to Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States
- 10 Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
- 11 Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
- 12 Thanks for the holiday greets!
- 13 Dealing with the URAA
- 14 Maryland Decriminalization
- 15 A pie for you!
- 16 hockey photos from Flickr
- 17 Attribution for image
- 18 Help
- 19 Re bugzilla:71897
- 20 FP Promotion
- 21 File:Spinne Bratental Ps.jpg
Poster of flowers
Nashville picture for my homepage?
I wanted to verify (FAQ writes, that I should), that I can use your picture from Nashville
for my homepage. Can I use it as a picture in the header? (It's about my country [and soul] music)
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards Josh T. Cute
- Sure you can use it all you want. I would prefer to not be credited anywhere. Thanks. Kaldari (talk) 07:02, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
Okay. Thx again :) (I think, I'm commited to relate to the copyright holder under german law) Josh T. Cute
In 2011 you participated in Commons:Administrators/Requests/Jcb_(de-adminship 2). That discussion ended with User:Jcb losing his administrator privileges.
This note is to inform you that User:Odder proposed Jcb have unconconditional access to administrator privileges restored.
Commons:Administrators/Requests/Jcb (readmin) is scheduled to close on May 20th.
I think the spider picture you identified as Phidippus johnsoni is actually P. cardinalis. Patrick Edwin Moran (talk) 04:38, 20 May 2013 (UTC) I think I was wrong, anyway. I'll find that picture again. I've raised a couple of P. johnsoni and I don't think the one of yours I was looking at looks right, but the one I found had the wrong carapace color. I'm blind, obviously. Patrick Edwin Moran (talk) 05:16, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
Oddly I never noticed before. All the P. johnsoni that I have seen have lacked the spots, but Edwards says that most specimens have the spots. My mistake.Patrick Edwin Moran (talk) 12:06, 20 May 2013 (UTC)
Curious about your take on this
|File:Chimp Brain in a jar.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
184.108.40.206 13:30, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
The U.S. laws do not apply on Commons but it's international. If in wikipédia French is prohibited so it's prohibited in Commons in general, because is more restrictive. Sorry for my english, the origin of law or copy right isn't an argument. 220.127.116.11 08:26, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for contributing to Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States
Thank you for contributing to Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States. The images you uploaded will help illustrate Wikipedia articles on historic sites in the United States. We are delighted to share the winning images and our top 10 finalists with you.
We invite you to continue uploading images to Wikimedia Commons and we hope you will return for Wiki Loves Monuments again in September 2014. For more information about Wikimedia Commons, please visit our welcome page. For more information about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013, please click here. Once again, thank you for sharing your images and participating in our contest.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in the United States
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2013! Please help with this survey.
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 365,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from more than 50 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2013.
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey!
Thank you for taking part in the Wiki Loves Monuments participants' survey. Your answers will help us improve the organization of future photo contests!
In case you haven't filled in the questionnaire yet, you can still do so during the next 7 days.
And by the way: the winning pictures of this year's international contest have been announced. Enjoy!
Thanks for the holiday greets!
Dealing with the URAA
Hi, I see from your posts at Commons talk:URAA-restored copyrights that you are interested in tackling the problems that the URAA causes us here on Commons. I've started a new policy that might help, at Commons:Hosting of content released to the public domain globally. Could you have a look, and also add your thoughts to the talk page? I hope you will support it! --MichaelMaggs (talk) 10:40, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Kaldari, would you be willing to update the US cannabis laws map since I can't seem to figure that out?
A pie for you!
|Thank you for your edits! I am still learning on here, but would like to change the color of Maryland for the update. Can you assist? Dialectic2012 (talk) 00:16, 28 April 2014 (UTC)|
hockey photos from Flickr
Hi! I uploaded a series of hockey photos from Flickr, but a bot seems to be unable to find them in the gallery :(. If you could approve them, I would be most grateful.
- File:Xan de Waard.jpg
- File:Xan de Waard (2).jpg
- File:The Crowd at Kyocera Stadium, The Hague.jpg
- File:Carlien Dirkse van den Heuvel.jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup - Netherlands team - Maartje Paumen.jpg
- File:Dutch team huddle.jpg
- File:Maartje Paumen (2).jpg
- File:Maartje Paumen (3).jpg
- File:Kim Lammers (2).jpg
- File:Xan de Waard (cropped).jpg
- File:Maartje Paumen (1).jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup (1).jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup (4).jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup (5).jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup - Argentina.jpg
- File:2014 Hockey World Cup (6).jpg
- @Hawkeye7: The problem is that the file pages don't link directly to the images on Flickr, just to the photoset. If you change the links on the file pages, the bot should be able to approve all of them. Kaldari (talk) 21:52, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
Attribution for image
I would like to use your image of the "Twin-spotted Spiny Lizard (Sceloporus magister) in Phoenix, Arizona" available at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3ASceloporus_magister_Phoenix.jpg , in an extension-outreach publication related to pests in community environments. This publication is purely for educational purposes and has no commercial interests whatsoever.
However, the suggested attribution format, "By Kaldari (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons", is very different from the style I will be following for other pictures in my publication, which will most likely be much shorter and in the format:
"Photo by Abc Defghijk", or "Photo by Abc Defghijk, Lmnopqr.org".
Therefore for the sake of consistency, kindly let me know whether I may cite the images in the above formats, and if so, what name/affiliation should I use.
Thank you! Sincerely, Shaku
Shaku Nair, Ph.D. Assistant in Extension, Community IPM University of Arizona - Maricopa Ag. Center 37860 W. Smith-Enke Road Maricopa, AZ 85138-3010 Cell: (520) 840-9429 Office: (520) 374-6299
I ask you to move the names of these file and delete repeated words (file) and (jpg):
- File:File1917 378 Guglielmo e lo Zar.jpg.jpg;
- File:File1917 921a Alpini.jpg.jpg;
- File:File1917 921a Alpini.jpg.jpg;Omar35880 (talk) 03:32, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- @Omar35880: Done. Kaldari (talk) 03:36, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi. I saw that you enabled wgCopyUploadsFromSpecialUpload at testwiki and later removed.. Is it okay to enable it here at commons? (i.e., Do you know whether any nasty things happen when it's enabled?). Regards, --Glaisher (talk) 04:58, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
The image File:Dante Gabriel Rossetti - Joan of Arc (1882).jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Dante Gabriel Rossetti - Joan of Arc (1882).jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
- At de:Wikipedia:Redaktion_Biologie/Bestimmung#Bild_aus_WLE:_Geht_es_genauer_als_.22Krabbenspinne.22.3F, it is already suggested as Misumena cf. vatia. Jee 06:29, 25 June 2015 (UTC)